Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Did Somebody Say.......Dessert?

Okay, so I promised I would share our finale to the other night's wonderful dinner so here goes.  Now, if you're not a fan of sweet, then this particular post is NOT for you!  I for one always find a reason and an excuse to have dessert.  In fact when it comes to eating, there's always room for dessert!

This dessert contains the basics with a twist.  Any self-respecting home should have every one of these ingredients on hand at any given moment......save one!  Well, needless to say I introduced my girls to the decadence that is Nutella.  So try out my new recipe and let me know what you think.

Chocolate Hazelnut Panini Sundae

Ingredients:
4 slices white bread
1/4 cup nutella, divided
2 Tbsp hazelnuts, chopped, toasted and divided
2 cups vanilla ice cream
olive oil cooking spray

Instructions:
Preheat panini grill or us a grill pan.  Coat with cooking spray.

1 - Trim crusts from bread slices.  Spread 2 tablespoons Nutella evenly over 2 bread slices.  Sprinkle evenly with nuts.  Top with remaining 2 bread slices.  Place sandwiches on panini grill; cook 1 1/2 minutes or until golden brown.  If using a regular grill pan be sure to flip the sandwich to toast other side evenly.  Cut each sandwich diagonally into 2 triangles.
2 - Place panini triangles on individual plates.  Divide ice cream over top.
3 - Place remaining 2 tablespoons Nutella in a microwave-safe bowl.  Microwave on high for 20-30 second or until warm.  Drizzle 1 1/2 tsp over each scoop of ice cream. Garnish with remaining toasted hazelnuts.  Serve immediately.

My advice, take small bites and savor this dessert.....it is truly a treasure.  Unfortunately, I did NOT take a picture of my dessert after preparation.  I guess this means I'm just going to have to make it again so I can post a photo!

Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment