Monday, February 6, 2012

Bee Block....

Well, I finished my first block for my Nubees quilting bee!  I'm so excited to have this block completed.  I debated and debated over the pattern to make for this first bee and I'm really pleased with what I chose and especially how this first block turned out.

I started with one of my hive mates who chose a rainbow mosaic.....I pondered over my fabric stash, chose a few favorites and then began constructing the block.  The arrangement for the rainbow colors was my toughest decision.  There are so many ways to make a block rainbow and how to best piece this block together to take advantage of the fabrics, the design of the pattern and capture the feel of a rainbow.

I'm hoping the other quilters in my hive will be pleased with this design and I can't wait to see how all of the color choices look as each block is completed.

My next task, to make this block in my color mosaic!!  I love working in my own colors so I try to tackle the colors I'm not accustomed to working with first so I can get a good feel for if I'm going to like the block.  I'll finish my colors in the block tonight and post a photo when it's completed.

Oh, and I'm super excited, I just bought myself a mini cutting grid.....well, actually it was a pack of 4 mini grids ranging in size from 4 1/2 inches square to 12 1/2 inches square!!  Yippee!!

Happy Sewing

1 comment:

  1. That block was for me and I LOVE it! Thank you bunches!

    ReplyDelete