Friday, February 3, 2012

Bee Happy!

So, I've decided to be a part of two different quilting bees and I couldn't bee more excited!!

My good friend Eva over at Bijoux Baby, who was one of the two that got me into sewing and specifically quilting was telling me all about the quilting bees she was a part of.  Quilting Bee?  That was my question to her.  I had NEVER heard of a quilting bee so I was intrigued.

She began describing the structure of the quilting bee and began showing me the block she designed for her "hive" mates and the blocks she had been receiving.  WOW!  How cool was this.....a community sampler quilt!  I was IN, I was hooked from that moment.

So, here we are at the beginning of February and I am so happy, so thrilled to be a part of two quilt bees.  These are both considered "mini" bees as they don't last the traditional 12 months and I would label a "micro" bee since it is a 1 month bee.

As soon as I signed up, I began deciding on the blocks I was going to do for each of them.  The one month bee needed to be a bit simpler, something I could finish 5 of in 1 month's time.  For the second bee, I am in a paper-pieced bee so I created my own paper-pieced pattern, created a sample and viola!  This is the piece in 4 separate blocks before it's fully sewn together.

I finished the block and gave it as a gift to my friend Eva for her sampler quilt she has been working on for her two bees!  I thinks he liked it!!

I'll post more updates as I get my blocks for both bees done!

If you haven't tried a quilting bee, now is the time to get started.

Happy Piecing!

No comments:

Post a Comment